Did you make any New Years resolutions? If you did, they may have included things like making healthier choices, organizing your home, or saving money. Did you consider that there are some good habits that you can adopt to maintain and extend the life of your auto glass? We may be biased, but here at Ideal Auto Glass, the upkeep, repair, and replacement of auto glass is always at the top of our minds. Here are some tips that we came up with that will help you to see us a little less frequently in 2015.
- Use covered parking as frequently as possible. Have the choice to walk a bit further and park in a garage at work? Consider, too, if you have an option to pay just a bit more and get a covered parking space at home. Protecting your windshield from sun, storms, and falling debris can significantly extend its life.
- Refrain from slamming your car doors. It may not seem like much, but the repeated extra vibrations caused from slamming car doors can result in a small chip or crack expanding into a huge one.
- Clean your auto’s glass gently. Skip harsh ammonia-based chemicals off of your windshield, more on that next week. Instead, use car wash soap or vinegar to keep it clean.
- Maintain wiper blades. Check the windshield washer fluid levels and make sure that the wiper blades are in good condition. Broken or sharp wiper blade pieces can cause scratches in the windshield glass.
- Repair windshield scratches and cracks immediately. A small scratch or crack can quickly and unexpectedly spread across the entire windshield, making visibility difficult and driving difficult. Avoid a potentially dangerous situation by contacting Ideal Auto Glass as soon as you notice an issue with your windshield or auto glass.
Wishing you a safe and healthy New Year! From all of us at Ideal Auto Glass.